Valley Bank founded in 1927 as the Passaic Park Trust Company. The Bank changed its name in the mid 1930's to the Bank of Passic and Trust Company. In 1956 the Bank acquired the Bank of Allwood located in Clifton, NJ. At the same time, the name was changed to the Bank of Passaic and Clifton. The acquistition of the Bank of Wayne in 1976 created a need for a new identity, and the name ValleyNational Bank was chosen. Since 1976, Valley has been committed to an expansion strategy dedicated to the highest level of service,
And it has continued to grow and strengthen its regional commitment with over 30 plus acquisitions.